Toi Whakaari has international class facilities that were especially built for our needs at Te Whaea: National Dance and Drama Centre.
Te Whaea has many different performance spaces, including a 200 seat theatre (Te Whaea Theatre), an 80 seat studio theatre (Drama One) and three smaller studio-style performance areas, including SEEyD Space. Every space in the building has been used for performance at some time – even the walkways, toilets and corridors!
Toi Whakaari’s custom-built studios, workshops and other classrooms were specially designed to give all students the necessary space and resources to learn their craft.
Our other facilities for students include:
- A large communal Plaza used for powhiri, hanging out, front of house space and the occasional rehearsal
- The Nola Millar Library – New Zealand’s best performing arts library
- Heavily discounted membership at the Wellington Fitness Centre Gym
- An onsite café – Great Aunt Jo’s
- Access to Massey University Health and Counselling
- Discounted or free tickets at Wellington professional theatres
- A student kitchen and common room
- Access to computers and wifi